Event Recap & Video Recordings
Team NEO, in partnership with the Ohio Economic Development Association (OEDA), kicked off the year with a virtual event focused on sharing best practices for communities to be prepared to compete and win business investment. At this annual workshop, we discussed how local government has a critical role in community resilience, especially in these uncertain times of COVID.
View the video recordings below for lively dialogues and insights about how your community and the Northeast Ohio Region can stay competitive, prosperous, and vibrant.
Thank you to our Keynote sponsor: Spectrum
Hear from keynote Jay Garner, highly respected site selection consultant and author of Economic Development Is Not for Amateurs! A must-read for community leaders on how to achieve economic development success.
Breakout Panel Discussions
Community Tax Sharing
Thank you to our Panel Discussion sponsor: Dominion Energy
- Moderator: Mark Brandt, VP Business Development, Pease CPAs
- Abbey Bemis, Executive Director, Erie County Economic Development Corporation
- Jason Dulaney, President, Perkins School Board
- Stephanie Mercado, Partner, Kohrman Jackson & Krantz
Reconfiguring Retail and Vacant Sites
Thank you to our Panel Discussion sponsor: Colliers
- Moderator: Mark S. Abood, Senior Vice President / Principal, Colliers
- Joseph W. Khouri, First Vice President, CBRE
- Aaron C. Massara, Senior Associate, BlueMark Capital
- Chris Salata, Chief Operating Officer, Industrial Commercial Properties LLC
New Community Authority Program
Thank you to our Panel Discussion sponsor: FirstEnergy
- Moderator: Tyler Yaple, Director, Government Affairs & External Engagement, JobsOhio
- Phil Angelo, Director, Huntington Capital Markets
- John Caleb Bell, Partner, Bricker & Eckler Attorneys at Law