Collaborative Economic Development Efforts Fuel Growth in
Regional economic development efforts across Northeast Ohio
continued to spur growth for the region’s economy in the
second quarter of 2013 by attracting five organizations into the
region – including Daisy Brand LLC and GE Oil and Gas, Inc.
– and facilitating the expansion and/or retention of eight
others, reports the Q2 2013 Regional Economic Development Report
released by Team NEO.
The report provides the only snapshot of regional economic
development results as reported by JobsOhio, Team NEO and economic
development organizations in 18 counties across Northeast Ohio.
Other Q2 highlights from the report include:
• 13 attraction, expansion and retention successes (34
• 1,933 jobs (5,644 year-to-date)
• $87 million in payroll ($271 million year-to-date)
• $246 million in new capital investment ($447 million
“Northeast Ohio’s economic development organizations
continue to work together to drive job growth and move our
region’s economy forward,” said Tom Waltermire, Chief
Executive Officer of Team NEO. “The collaborative nature of
our region’s economic development system helps create
effective solutions for organizations to grow in our
- regional economic data