Surgere, Inc. to grow in Green
Surgere, Inc., developers of visibility, control, and analytics software utilizing AI technology, has announced plans to expand its operations in the city of Green. The expansion is expected to result in 93 new jobs in Northeast Ohio.
The company’s software supports a community of OEMs and suppliers – all working together in a single solution to track assets through each segment of the supply chain. Due to their highly technical and scientific approach to the use of IoT sensors, Surgere has experienced hyper-growth over the past two years – making their expansion necessary.
“Our growth required us to evaluate a move, but more than just a move to a larger building. We needed to locate in an area that provides access to an educated and performance-driven pool of talent. We needed access to world-class universities. We needed a community that embraces diversity and cultural inclusion. And, we wanted a location that affords families with a high standard of living on a reasonable cost basis. Simply stated, if our families are happy and thriving in their community, we will thrive as a business,” said President and CEO of Surgere, William Wappler. “Certainly, the City of Green and this area of Ohio provides everything we need to succeed and continue to grow. We greatly appreciate everyone’s support during our move and look forward to our continued expansion in the community.”
A team of the City of Green, Summit County, Greater Akron Chamber, JobsOhio and Team NEO worked with the company to ensure the company expanded in Green, where the company has its roots. Members of the economic development team share their insights:
- “As tech companies continue to expand, we are committed to working together as a region to provide the values and amenities companies look for to attract and retain top talent,” said Green Mayor Gerard Neugebauer. “We are pleased that Surgere continues to find Green to be the right place to grow.”
- “Surgere’s commitment to remain and expand in Summit County speaks to the resources we have available in our community, particularly our strong and skilled workforce,” said Summit County Executive Ilene Shapiro. “I look forward to continuing to strengthen the County’s relationship with Surgere’s innovative team and to assist them in achieving their vision of success.”
- “IoT technology is revolutionizing supply chain visibility, and Surgere’s Summit County operations are on the forefront of this cutting-edge technology,” said Dana Saucier, JobsOhio vice president and head of economic development. “Surgere’s confidence in Northeast Ohio will bring more than 90 new jobs to Green and advance the company’s ongoing innovation in software solutions combined with multiple-forms of sensor-technologies.”
- “Congratulations to Surgere and our partners with the City of Green. This reinvestment represents the new economy and how IT integrates into traditional manufacturing,” stated Steve Millard, President and CEO of the Greater Akron Chamber. “Elevate Greater Akron is committed to supporting companies like Surgere, and their ongoing growth and success in these vital industry clusters.”
- “Surgere’s decision to invest in Green speaks volumes about the company’s confidence in the region’s talented workforce as the right place to achieve long-term sustainable success,” said Team NEO CEO Bill Koehler. “Team NEO, along with JobsOhio and its local partners, look forward to supporting Surgere in its continued operations and future growth in Northeast Ohio.”
About Surgere, Inc.
Founded in 2004, Surgere specializes in using sensor-based science to solve visibility throughout the supply chain. Surgere’s patented technology & proprietary software, hosted on the Microsoft Azure platform, provides its clients with advanced asset visibility, data analytics, and control through each segment of the supply chain. Surgere’s strategy allows for complete visibility – using digital technology to solve traditional problems. With the Surgere solution, clients can see a dramatic reduction in costs, increases in productivity, and a clear ROI in as little as six months – without the need for capital investment. Learn more at surgere.com
About Team NEO
Team NEO is a private, nonprofit economic development organization accelerating business growth and job creation throughout the 18 counties of Northeast Ohio. As the designated JobsOhio Network Partner, we align and amplify local economic development efforts in Northeast Ohio’s 18-county region; we conduct research and data analysis to inform local conversations and influence solutions; we market Northeast Ohio as a region; and we work to increase access to jobs, education and training for the region’s 4.3 million people. For more information, visit teamneo.org.
JobsOhio is a private, nonprofit corporation designed to drive job creation and new capital investment in Ohio through business attraction, retention and expansion efforts. JobsOhio works with six regional partners across Ohio: Appalachian Partnership for Economic Growth, Dayton Development Coalition, One Columbus, REDI Cincinnati, Regional Growth Partnership and Team NEO. Learn more at jobsohio.com.