Team NEO and regional economic development organizations come together to move the region forward
Team NEO and numerous economic development organizations – including local, regional and state entities – have come together to move the region forward despite the challenges of COVID. The report released today, “Uniting to Build a Vibrant Regional Economy in Northeast Ohio,” details results for 2020 through mid-October.
Report highlights include:
- Strengthen a Better Coordinated Regional Network: Year-to-date, the region has had 44 project wins, 4,211 jobs created, $225.8M annual payroll and $2.5B in capital investment. There are also 146 projects in the pipeline.
- Advance Technology Adoption: Team NEO assisted GOJO with a solution to a product challenge, bringing production in-house versus overseas.
- Address the Talent/Demand Supply Gap: The Aligning Opportunities report is being utilized to inform conversation and influence solutions with organizations like College Now Greater Cleveland and Baldwin Wallace University Center for Innovation & Growth. Team NEO anticipates our new equity report, Misaligned Opportunities, will have a similarly powerful effect. Plus, the Talent Development Council is making an impact in business development opportunities.
- Grow a Pipeline of Competitive Sites: Northeast Ohio is taking advantage of the new Ohio Site Inventory Program. We have three projects that have been awarded OSIP support, representing 1 million square feet of new and renovated space, with more projects in the works.
- Promote Team NEO, the Region, and Network Performance: Team NEO launched the Navigating the Next Normal campaign.
- Other activities: Team NEO distributed 4,500 PPE kits to small businesses and held its annual event NEO Rising. Celebrating Today. Building Tomorrow.
“Team NEO’s five strategies are intended to help create an environment that is conducive to economic growth and enable Northeast Ohio companies to thrive so all in our community can prosper,” says Team NEO CEO Bill Koehler. “Our impact is often driven in associated with strong, willing partners who share our passion for our Northeast Ohio and our opportunity to advance our region’s talent, equity, innovation, resiliency, competitiveness and prosperity — together.”
About Team NEO
Team NEO is a private, nonprofit economic development organization accelerating business growth and job creation throughout the 18 counties of Northeast Ohio. As the designated JobsOhio Network Partner, we align and amplify local economic development efforts in Northeast Ohio’s 18-county region; we conduct research and data analysis to inform local conversations and influence solutions; we market Northeast Ohio as a region; and we work to increase access to jobs, education and training for the region’s 4.3 million people. For more information, visit teamneo.org.
JobsOhio is a private nonprofit economic development corporation designed to drive job creation and new capital investment in Ohio through business attraction, retention and expansion. The organization also works to seed talent production in its targeted industries and to attract talent to Ohio through Find Your Ohio. JobsOhio works with six regional partners across Ohio: Dayton Development Coalition, Ohio Southeast, One Columbus, REDI Cincinnati, Regional Growth Partnership and Team NEO. Learn moreatwww.jobsohio.com. Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.