Data from real site selection can guide investment in site development to help attract more in-demand businesses to the Northeast Ohio Region
Team NEO today unveiled Developing Opportunities, a new research report and tool designed to help the economic development network increase the number of readily available manufacturing sites with in-demand attributes and improve Northeast Ohio’s chances of winning manufacturing business attraction deals. The toolkit, supported by the Fund for Our Economic Future, was shared with economic developers and real estate professionals at a special event at Pleasant Valley Corporation in Medina featuring conversations with national site selection consultants, JobsOhio, and Team NEO.
“Building a pipeline of sites that can meet today’s demand and align with the trends we’re seeing in site selection will increase our competitiveness, help us win more projects, and ultimately create economic vibrancy in the region,” said Christine Nelson, Vice President, Project Management & Site Strategies at Team NEO. “Our goal with this report is to provide our network with actionable information and the opportunity to collaborate on site development in a deeper, more strategic way than ever before.”
Based on data collected from real-demand experience from Team NEO project flows over the past two years (2021-2022), the data-rich research tool will equip economic development professionals, developers, construction firms, utility providers, and others with insights into industry trends for future business investment opportunities. The report highlights the most active sectors seeking site locations, including advanced manufacturing, semiconductor, energy storage, and food production, as well as available sites that meet high standards of readiness.
This first-of-its-kind guide to sites and site development in the Northeast Ohio Region provides users with:
- A Common Language Guide: Get answers to common questions and actionable recommendations
- Guidance & A Starting Point: Learn action steps for key roles in the development system
- Where Do I Start: Evaluate site attributes, utilities, roads, industry, talent, and more
- Tools & Maps: Utilize resources like intake forms, maps, and surveys for a comprehensive analysis
- Compliance & Approvals: Identify zoning, permits, and compliance requirements
- Industry & Talent: Identify strengths and analyze labor advantages
- Due Diligence Studies: Get advice and budget estimates for studies
- Mega Projects: Engage stakeholders and advance projects to close deals
- Competitive Sites: Use public data to bring new sites to the market
- JobsOhio & Team NEO Programs: Discover support programs to aid your journey
“To attract more companies to the Northeast Ohio Region, we must improve the number and quality of manufacturing sites we offer,” said Bill Koehler, CEO of Team NEO. “This will expose the attractiveness of our business environment during site visits with interested prospects.”
About Team NEO
Team NEO is a private, nonprofit economic development organization accelerating business growth and job creation throughout the 18 counties of the Northeast Ohio Region. As the designated JobsOhio Network Partner, we align and amplify local economic development efforts in the region’s 18-counties; we conduct research and data analysis to inform local conversations and influence solutions; we market the Northeast Ohio Region; and we work to increase access to jobs, education, and training for the region’s 4.3 million people. We do this to build a more vibrant regional economy; one that is more talented, equitable, competitive, innovative, resilient, and prosperous. For more information, visit northeastohioregion.com.