Attend the September 16th Aligning Opportunities Virtual Launch Event
Join Team NEO and Delta Dental for a virtual event to engage the business and education community in Northeast Ohio in meaningful discussions around solutions to the talent supply and equity gap identified in the Aligning Opportunities report. This event is open to the public at no charge.
- 8:00 am – 8:25 am: Welcome/Opening Remarks
- 8:25 am – 9:05 am: Aligning Opportunities Report Overview
- 9:05 am – 9:15 am: Networking Breakout Sessions
- 9:15 am – 10:05 am: Fireside Chat
- Joseph B. Fuller, Professor of Management Practice at Harvard Business School
- Dr. Marcia Ballinger, President at Lorain County Community College
- Andy Jones, CEO at MCPc
- 10:05 am – 10:50 am: Panel Discussion Breakout Sessions
- Building an Equitable and Inclusive Culture in the Workplace
- Creating Economic Mobility Through Work-based Learning
- Businesses Tackling Talent Challenges from Within
- 10:50 am – 11:00 am: Closing Remarks
Panel Discussion Breakout Sessions
Guests will be able to choose one panel discussion when they register for the event. Please view the panel descriptions below.
Building an Equitable and Inclusive Culture in the Workplace
The law requires that everyone have equal opportunities regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, or disability. Yet, as seen in the Misaligned Opportunities report, the equity gap still prevails. How can companies take the step beyond nondiscriminatory policies to truly creating a safe and equitable workplace culture for all? Learn how companies around Northeast Ohio are working to build an equitable and inclusive culture with a focus on racial equity and inclusion. The takeaway of this session will be new strategies to implement within your own organization.
- Moderator: Gina Cheverine, Managing Vice President, Inclusion and Strategic Partnership at Greater Cleveland Partnership
- Yentil Rawlinson, Director, Inclusion & Diversity at Sherwin-Williams
- Aaron Grossman, Founder & CEO at Alliance Solutions Group
- Earl Major, VP of Human Resources at Delta Dental of Michigan, Ohio, and Indiana
Creating Economic Mobility Through Work-based Learning
Work-based learning is an educational strategy that provides learners with real-life work experience where they can apply academic and technical skills and develop their employability. Research has found that the best way to improve one’s economic mobility is through education, but the increasing cost of education is creating a block especially for low-income households. How can work-based learning be leveraged to improve economic mobility for learners of all ages and economic status? Hear from Northeast Ohio organizations working to implement work-based learning strategies in their local communities.
- Moderator: Jacob Duritsky, Vice President of Research and Strategy at Team NEO
- Julie Szeltner, Senior Director of Adult Programs at College Now
- Jennifer Oddo, Director of Workforce Partnerships and Apprenticeship Programs at IBM
- Marsha A. Mockabee, President and CEO at Urban League of Greater Cleveland
- Patricia Gray, College Now Scholar
- Brandon Whittington, Software Engineer at IBM CIO Office/DSWC
Businesses Tackling Talent Challenges from Within
The findings of the 2020 Aligning Opportunities report highlight the prevailing talent gap in key in-demand job areas of business, health care, manufacturing and IT. Learn how companies are tacking their talent challenges from within. Participants of this session will take away creative solutions to talent challenges that can be implemented in their own organization.
- Moderator: Alan Nevel, Senior Vice President, Chief Diversity and Human Resource Officer at Metro Health
- Andy Jones, CEO at MCPc
- Dr. Jodi Berg, CEO at Vitamix
- Lindsay Domingo, Director, Organizational Development & Talent Management at Swagelok
Thank you to our Event Sponsors
Talent Alignment Sponsors
Fireside Chat Sponsor
Panel Discussion Sponsors
Additional sponsorship opportunities are still available. Please contact Dawn Southard to learn more.