Virtual ED NOW Workshop
Registration for this event has closed. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Nina Holliday at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Team NEO, in partnership with the Ohio Economic Development Association (OEDA), kicks off the year with a virtual event focused on sharing best practices for communities to be prepared to compete and win business investment. At this annual workshop, we’ll discuss how local government has a critical role in community resilience, especially in these uncertain times of COVID.
Join us for lively dialogues and insights about how your community and the Northeast Ohio Region can stay competitive, prosperous and vibrant.
Hear from keynote Jay Garner, highly-respected site selection consultant and author of Economic Development Is Not for Amateurs! A must-read for community leaders on how to achieve economic development success.
Sign up by January 15th and receive a complimentary Keynote Speaker book
UPDATE: All complimentary books have been claimed. Sign up by January 15th to receive a complimentary, autographed book, “Economic Development is Not for Amateurs!” written by Keynote Speaker Jay Garner sponsored by Ohio’s Electric Cooperatives.*
*Limited to the first 200 that sign up by January 15. Books will be mailed to the address you provide when you register after you attend the January 29 event.
Guests will be able to choose one panel discussion when they register for the event. Please view the panel descriptions below.
Community Tax Sharing
Find out how government organizations came together to redevelop a major asset.
- Abbey Bemis, Executive Director, Erie County Economic Development Corporation
- Jason Dulaney, President, Perkins School Board
- Stephanie Mercado, Partner, Kohrman Jackson & Krantz
- Mark Brandt, VP Business Development, Pease CPAs
Reconfiguring Retail and Vacant Sites
This discussion will feature how communities can prepare retail sites for new life!
- Joseph W. Khouri, First Vice President, CBRE
- Aaron C. Massara, Senior Associate, BlueMark Capital
- Chris Salata, Chief Operating Officer, Industrial Commercial Properties LLC
- Mark S. Abood, Senior Vice President / Principal, Colliers
New Community Authority Program
Showcases how this new program is being utilized to encourage the orderly development of well-planned, diversified, and economically sound new undertakings with cooperation between developers and communities to carry out a new community development program.
- Phil Angelo, Director, Huntington Capital Markets
- John Caleb Bell, Partner, Bricker & Eckler Attorneys at Law
- Tyler Yaple, Director, Government Affairs & External Engagement, JobsOhio
Who should attend:
- County Commissioners
- City Managers
- City Council Members
- Township Trustees
- CIC Directors and Board Members
- Economic Development Organization Board and Staff
- Public, private and nonprofit economic development directors
- Other elected and appointed community leaders interested in economic development